Information on the reprogramming of ECUs with Bosch KTS (Installation of Bosch PassThru software on PC/laptop and programming sequence)
The PC/laptop used for reprogramming must meet the following requirements:
Further restrictions may be associated with the OEM software. For the use of the OEM software, Bosch recommends MS Windows XP (SP3).
The following section describes how to install the Bosch PassThru software:
1. Close all open applications.
2. Import the Bosch PassThru version either from the Bosch portal or install the PassThru version from the ESI[tronic] 2011/3 DVD U.
3. Execute the Setup of the Bosch PassThru application. Double-click on the Setup to do this.
4. The Setup starts up.
5. Select the installation language and press <OK> to confirm.
6. Note the screen information and following the instructions.
The Bosch PassThru software is now installed on the PC/laptop.
The following section describes how to configure the Bosch PassThru software:
1. Start DDC "Start >> Programs >> Bosch ESI[tronic] >> Bosch PassThru 'version' >> Diagnostic Device Control".
2. Only with KTS 340: Select "User settings >> Pass-Thru Mode >> Activate PassThru mode".
3. Activate KTS with connection type USB and module usage PassThru (see DDC online help).
4. If necessary, update KTS firmware with module usage PassThru (see DDC online help).
The KTS configuration for Pass-Thru operation is complete.